How are your bots made?
Well that’s a trade secret! A robot never reveals its inner algorithm. But.. below are the answers to some of our more frequently asked questions.
What are your bots made of?
Our bots are made from a wide range of recycled and upcycled tech, and locally found (or donated) parts and pieces. That means that every one of our bots is unique – and means that for every bot we make, there’s a little less debris in the world.
Are all your bots customised?
Each of our robots and upcycled art pieces are handmade and unique. If you have a specific theme or idea you’d like us to incorporate in your robot, just mention it when you order. We also have pre-made bots in various shops and galleries, as well as a stall that pops up at conventions and festivals around the UK.
I don’t have a custom bot idea – what do I do?
Not sure what you’d like? Thats OK! We’re always happy to surprise you. Simply specify the size of bot you’d like when ordering. Or… if you’d like a few ideas; hobbies, careers, fond memories and favourite bands or TV shows have all been ideas for our bots!
What size and price are your bots?
Generally, our pieces fit into three categories:
- Bespoke bots – (6-8 inches tall). From £50
- Upcycled art – Any non-robot piece! Price and size agreed at consultation
- Large (statement) bots – which can be any other size! From £60
Alternatively, we are happy to work to a set budget. We’re also happy to discuss any theme requests, questions or other ideas at consultation. (Consultations are free!)
How do I care for my SCREWED bot?
- Keep it away from heat! Our bots don’t like heat, it fries their circuits and melts their joints!
- Avoid water and damp. As some of our parts may be metal, they can be vulnerable to rust. At SCREWED we believe rust is a sign of beauty and not decay. But, if you’d like your bot to stay pristine, keep it away from water and damp!
- Remember it’s a model, not a toy. Treat your bot like a model or art piece, not a toy. Our bots won’t like being dropped or bent so keep them safely away from ledges and little hands.
I don’t want a robot – can you make anything else?
Hell yes! We also make insects, animals, vehicles… and basically anything else you can dream up! See our Upcycled Art page, or send us your ideas for a free consultation. We even work in clay sometimes.
How long does it take to make a bot?
It depends on your order. As our bots are hand crafted it usually takes from 1 to 2 weeks from when we confirm your order, to dispatch. However, in our busier times this may take longer, and we may need to extend timelines for larger pieces. We’re always happy to advise you when consulting/ when you order – so feel free to ask!
Where do you ship to?
We can ship anywhere. Please note that postage is not included in our listed site prices. All our robots ship from the UK.
We use recycled and upcycled materials whenever possible in our packing process.
Got a question that isn’t listed here? We’re happy to help – just ask us in the contact form and we’ll get back to you.